As seen on Michigan Out-of-Doors
Backwoods Mustard Sweet Jalapeno Venison Kabobs
1-2 lbs Venison Steak (trimmed)
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper
1 Large Red Onion
6 Tbs Backwoods Mustard
2 Tbs Soy Sauce
1 Tbs Honey
1. Combine Backwoods Mustard, soy sauce, and honey into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Marinade raw venison steaks in mustard sauce for a minimum of 30 minutes.
3. Chop peppers and onions into large (approx 2″) pieces for skewering onto kabob sticks.
4. Combine peppers, onions, and mushrooms into a large container and cover with Italian dressing and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
5. Add all ingredients to kabob skewers, alternate between venison, peppers, onions, mushrooms, and fresh cut pineapple.
1. Preheat your gas or charcoal grill (preferably to around 350 degrees).
2. Place the kabobs on the grill and baste with mustard marinade. Cook about 8-10 minutes.
3. Flip kabobs, baste again with mustard marinade, and cook another 8-10 minutes (or until venison is done to your liking).
Here’s the segment from Michigan Out-of-Doors